Friday, March 5, 2010

Shortdump SPOOL_INTERNAL_ERROR

What happened?
The current ABAP program had to be terminated because the ABAP processor detected an internal system error. The current ABAP program "ZEDI_FTP_GET_FILE" had to be terminated because the ABAP processor discovered an invalid system state.

This is not a regular shortump. It's because there is something wrong with our program ZEDI_FTP_GET_FILE. I do not have time to describe the problem and I'm not an ABAP'er, but in my case I know how to solve this;)
I had to delete old spool requests. Spool requests that was 1-2 years old. To do that you have to go to transaction SP01 and search the old request. Mark and delte.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Harald,
    Thanks for posting the note and it helped me out to resolve an appending/erring program and I'm not an ABAPer either so the quick fix works for me too...Thanks again, Saeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you... but is there any way to delete spools automatically in periodic basis.

    ReplyDelete