Friday, December 4, 2009

"Downgrade" MaxDB

I have a little problem.
Need to "downgrade" a MaxDB 7.7 to 7.6. Anybody who have experience with this kind of work?

This is what I've done:
-Removed MaxDB 7.7 and droped the database
-Installed new database version 7.6 and created the db-instance

I have a complete backup from MaxDB 7.7 (Content Server) that I want to recover into MaxDB 7.6.

-Why do you have to do this? you may ask.
Answer: I did not look into PAM before upgrading my Content Server and MaxDB. Content Server 6.40 supports only MaxDB 7.6 - not 7.7. The upgrade went fine, but I get problems when migrating to new hardware/installation.

UPDATE at 14. december 2009. Message from SAP:
SAP is planning to release 7.7 to all customers in Q1 / 2010therefore there you do not have to downgrade to 7.6.

2 comments:

  1. sakjdhasjdhasjasdaslkdasmcm,cvnmblkldaskljdalksjdlkajslkuwoiqueioqueoiuqoipe[pasdpojak

    ReplyDelete
  2. qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm,

    ReplyDelete