Friday, December 18, 2009

SAP Content Server 6.40 and MaxDB 7.7.04.28

In PAM (service marketplace) it says that CS 6.40 is not supported with MaxDB 7.7.
I talked with SAP about it. They say:
"SAP is planning to release 7.7 to all customers in Q1 / 2010"
So I decided to instal MaxDB 7.7.04.28 and do an upgrade / migration test.

The upgrade went fine, and so did the migration.
The OS is Windows Server 2003 64 bit.
After migrating I did some tests. I recomand to do all these tests when you are planning to use Content Server or if you want to be sure that the migration was a success:

1. Create a Content Repository in CSADMIN.
Information you type into CSADMIN about the Content Repository will be saved in contentserver.ini
2. Test connection to the new Content Repository from transaction oac0
3. Send certificat from the new Content Repository from transaction oac0
4. Be sure the status for the CR is running (not defined - ref earlier post)
5. Try to read from the Content Server through your ECC-system. In my case I called an invoice and viewed the image-file
6. Try to upload something to the Content Server from your ECC-system.
To do this you can use function module ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_FILE

Number 1-5 is working just fine, but I have problems uploading a new image-file to the Content Server.
When I do an upload-test I receive no ARCHIVE_DOC_ID. Just this error message:
"http error: 500 (Internal serverError) ;ODBC State 00000"
The ODBC is just fine so it have to be something else. SAP is working with this case. I'll update you as soon as I know anything more.

07.01.2010:
Now I know something more:)
Just remove the ODBC for MaxDB 7.7 and install ODBC-driver 7.6. This solves the problem:)

No comments:

Post a Comment